Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy 5 Week Birthday Appleseed!

As of today (according to my O date) baby wood is 5 weeks today!!! BW is also looking a little more recognizable with noticeable spots that will become eyes, and buds thats will become arms and legs. He should also be noticeably separate from the placenta and yoke. This is the week that the little things heart starts beating! It's sometimes not visible by ultrasound, but I am hoping that Dr. Clarks brand new machines and my prayers make it so we can. I just watched a video of an U/S where they saw they heart beat at 5w4d, which is only 1 day past where I'll be. Speaking of me...

Most of my symptoms are just frequent bathroom trips and occasional dizziness/nausea. I'm guessing this will change at some point soon! I also am having some cramping which I am assured is very normal and just means my uterus is beginning to grow to accommodate BW. Yesterday I had my first mood swings. It's hard to tell if they are from the hormones or having to quit my anxiety medication, but either way- woooooey. I was irritable then I'd cry cause I was mean, then I'd be annoyed that something wasn't done and cry because I didn't want to do it, then I'd be annoyed for no reason and... well... cry for no reason. It was bad. I'm hoping not to get too many days like that!! But hey- we survived and Matt is still talking to me!

I'm really surprised also at how my food choices are changing. If you know me, you know that I generally live on chicken. Well, the last two times I have tried to eat grilled chicken I have basically gagged and not eaten. I'm hoping I get some sort of desire for some other proteins soon!

We are thinking that we may tell our parents before we leave for Africa afterall. At first, we didn't want them to worry or try to convince us not to go or something. I was also concerned that people would think I was an aweful selfish person for potentially putting my child at risk. I feel comfortable knowing that the Doctor has cleared me (barring anything bad on Wednesday's u/s) but I know some other people might not feel that way.




5weeks

No comments: