Ok, so the blog is now public. I just went through and deleted a bunch of posts from the last few months only because they dealt with some really personal issues I don't really need the whole world knowing. So I know there's not a whole lot on here at the moment, but I will be fixing that. Anyway, let's catch up quickly, shall we?
For the last 3.5 months I have been reading and studying and outlining my face off. As of today I have finished my third and final doctoral candidacy exam. I am, for the most part, freeeee! On Thursday I will go in to school for a few hours to be grilled by my committee as they ask me all sorts of questions about the 50+ pages and 75+ authors in my exam answers. After deliberating they will choose whether or not I have earned my spot as an actual doctoral candidate. Woot!
I have a whole list of things in my planner that I want/need to do for the baby. I was so focused on studying, that every time I would think of a baby thing I wanted to look up or buy I would write it on a list of "baby items" to take care of post-exams. I am so excited to begin tackling that list now!
We were, however, able to accomplish the start of our registry while I was buried in books. They are no where near done, though, and I have just been informed that they will have to be finished before my shower invites go out in a couple of weeks. What? Shower? What? How did I get that far along? I am almost 6 months... In fact, I am one week from V-Day- the age of viability.
While I am happy to be at the point where little Baby Wood stands a good chance of life outside the happy little home of my belly, I would still prefer at least another 13 or so weeks to get everything ready. Oh, and to make sure BW is super healthy, obviously!
Getting ready is a big stress right now as Matt has hurt his back and been laid up for the last 2+ weeks. He goes tomorrow (on a Saturday? weird) for an MRI to see if he has a herniated disc. I'm not sure exactly what the protocol for fixing one of those is, but I'm sure it's not lugging and putting together furniture or knocking down walls and putting up new trim. Egh. I'm hoping with all our really handy friends we can pull out a few favors and get things done. Because, well- 3-4 months really isn't that long.
Ok, I think that's all the catch-up for now. Tonight our hot plans include chinese food and the Yankees game. And making up for the sleep I've lost in the last few weeks. Night!
22w 6d
No comments:
Post a Comment