Sunday, July 12, 2009

Holy Crap!

3 posts in like 3 days? Blogger may explode!

Anyway. I am feeling much less anxious today. Honestly, its the mental part of this week's events that has me such a mess. Physically I feel good. Not like I'd like to live the rest of my life pregnant, but I am still thoroughly enjoying my alone time with my dancing babe and don't feel like the achey hips and back are much worse than anything I've experienced during the weeks before a big dance show. Actually, knock on wood, my body doesn't feel bad. Slow. Heavy. But not bad. I've been really lucky, never had real round ligament issues or anything.

The contractions are still quite annoying. Especially if I forget and am slouching when one comes on. Because then it just feels like my ribs may explode or my stomach may come out of my mouth. I've thrown up more than once from being in a bad position during a contraction. boo. They are getting more intense, still 4-7 minutes apart all day and (as far as I can tell) through the night. Not necessarily more painful, just more intense. I see my MW on Thursday afternoon and will chat with her more about it then.

After the last blog entry I spent a lovely evening at my friend's mom's birthday party, then at a get-together with friends from RPI I haven't seen in a while. Church went well today, and this evening Matt and I had some maternity pictures taken with the lovely Jason. Abigail and I also went out and got all of the rest of the things I needed for my hospital bag. So, overall I am feeling mentally much better. I still don't deal well with the unknown and with not being able to plan things. I also just get anxious when I am not sure what is going on with my body or when I worry I might be causing harm to the baby in some way by ignoring things. I'm that person who shouldn't be able to watch the health channel cause I am convinced I have every insane disease they talk about.

Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow, which should also help me take my mind off of things. I am done done done with all of it on Saturday at 12 or 1. After that it's all yogic squats and pool floating. Woot.

Also, as a side note- please continue to keep Matt in your prayers. Still no details, nothing to do with his health, just family issues that have him pretty bummed. I know he will be such an amazing father, he is so ready to meet this little spawn!

ktw
34w1d

No comments: