Thursday, June 25, 2009

8 Month Update.

8 Months! Eep! Well, technically I'm 8 months on Saturday, but this is pretty close.

Anyway, today we went for our growth scan and (probably) final ultrasound to determine position and such. B-Dub is in the perfect position, head right on my cervix (yeah I could already tell that one) butt up in my ribs. The lady was really sweet and turned the screen away so we didn't actually get any money shots while she measured the legs. I've switched my gender leaning as of today though. For no real reason. Just because I can, I guess!

B-dubs head is measuring at 33 weeks (which is about a week and a half ahead) and overall measuring at 4lbs7oz, which can obviously be off. Most of the sites I checked put the baby at just under or at 4 lbs at this stage, but with the give or take I'd say we're right on track. She did some calculations, and basically babies gain anywhere from a 1/4 to a 1/2 lb a week from here on out. So, even if I went the full 40 weeks and the baby gained the full 1/2 lb a week we'd be looking at just over 8 lbs. Totally pushable, lol.

We were really hoping to get a good face shot or something, but they didn't do any 3d (bummer) and really couldn't get a good shot of the baby's face since I am apparently gestating a total punk who keeps his/her face covered with both hands at all times! Oh well. I suppose we will get to see that little face soon enough.

I go for my 8 month appointment, not just the ultrasound but the meeting with the midwife, on Tuesday. I think that I have 1 more 2 week appointment wait after that and then I go to weekly appointments. Eek!

Next week I have a week long teen program, then set-up for VBS the next week, then VBS. When all of that is over I will be 35 weeks and able to float in my dad's pool until the day this baby decides to grace the world with their presence.

If you think of it, could you say a prayer for Matt? He is going through a lot right now personally and with his family. He is so excited to become a dad, but definitely also struggling with some crazy road blocks being placed in our way. I'm confident we will hurdle them together successfully, but I'm also confident that it will only be with a lot of prayer. Doesn't this all sound cryptic? Lol. Sorry. Not really blogger kind of stuff to share.

ktw
31w5d

No comments: