Saturday, May 30, 2009

More Positive Follow-Up

So yesterdays rant was a serious reflection of my emotional state... ummm fragile? Haha.

Anyway, in the car with my sister (who is very good friends with the pediatrician we had chosen) I mentioned the switch to Seton Midwives thinking she would try to talk me out of it. I'm not sure why I thought she would do this, but it has something to do with my family and the way we see "traditions" even in so far as all of us being born at the same hospital, with the same doctor (the one I am currently with). Also, the lack of NICE- they have one but the other hospital has a level 4 NICU (why would I even need this? I really hope I don't!).

So after bringing it up, Gina says "Yeah the rooms at that hospital are huge and great and Melinda (our pediatrician) knows all the Seton MWs and can get right into the hospital to see the baby (she wouldn't be allowed in our current hospital). So I say, "Well I am a little worried about the lack of emergency services and NICU." She says, "What are the chances you will need them, really?"

And so. I felt much better. Something about that conversation was very satisfying. Matt and I looked at eachother and just kind of felt like everything was falling into place. So, as long as we like this MW, we will be switching and I am feel good about it.

Phew.

Oh and I am 28 Weeks today!!! Hello third, and final, trimester!

No comments: